forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Suggested changes to wiki plugin
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 19:49:18 GMT
Hi all,

I needed to fix some bugs (or missing features) in the wiki plugin, to better cope with the
jspwiki format. So far I have only stored the changes locally in my project folder (thus the
previous commit to fix the locationmap for finding resource files). Now I would like to move
the changes to the plugin, but there are one change that I would like feedback on before I
do this.

The changes I have made are these:

* I added support for formatting and links within table cells, so that tables now should behave
as the jspwiki spec [1] says
* I added support for definition lists (terms + definition), but *NOT* in accordance with
the jspwiki spec

The reason for not following the spec was that I could not get the Chaperon grammar (which
is used to parse the jspwiki document and convert it to xml) to accept the syntax used by
jspwiki. I don't know why, but to me it looks like a bug in the Chaperon lexer.

The jspwiki syntax is:

; Term : definition

My syntax is:

#; Term
##: definition

Not as elegant, but it works, and my implementation allows for links, formatting and breaks
within the definition (which should be in accordance with the jspwiki syntax).

Now the question(s):

* is it ok with you if I commit these changes, even though one is with a different syntax
than expected? I will of course update the documentation accordingly
* it is said in the wiki plugin docs that we should keep the sources in sync with the Cocoon
2.1 block - but does that even apply for the syntax-breaking changes?

Best regards,
Sjur

[1] http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/TextFormattingRules