forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Suggested changes to wiki plugin
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 10:01:17 GMT
Den 17. jan 2013 kl. 02:08 skrev David Crossley:

> Sjur Moshagen wrote:
>> * I added support for definition lists (terms + definition), but *NOT* in accordance
with the jspwiki spec

>> The reason for not following the spec was that I could not get the Chaperon grammar
(which is used to parse the jspwiki document and convert it to xml) to accept the syntax used
by jspwiki. I don't know why, but to me it looks like a bug in the Chaperon lexer.

>> The jspwiki syntax is:
>>
>> ; Term : definition
>
> I wonder if it is the "space" characters. The reference [1] shows no spaces.

It turned out to be a missing feature in the grammar. I have now implemented it, and it behaves
as expected. I had to both tinker a bit with the grammar, and resolve some abiguity afterwards
in the xsl processing (it is impossible for the tokeniser to know that a ':' at the end of
a word is *not* a term definition separator, so I had to reconnect it to the preceding text
if it was not inside an already established definition list).

Thanks for following up, it inspired me to try once more, and that fixed it :)

>> * it is said in the wiki plugin docs that we should keep the sources in sync with
the Cocoon 2.1 block - but does that even apply for the syntax-breaking changes?

> I reckon so. There is not enough activity to warrant separate versions.

Ok, I will do that soon.

Sjur