forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Suggested changes to wiki plugin
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2013 05:14:47 GMT
Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> skrev David Crossley:
> > Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> >>
> >> * I added support for definition lists (terms + definition), but *NOT* in accordance
with the jspwiki spec

> >> The reason for not following the spec was that I could not get the Chaperon
grammar (which is used to parse the jspwiki document and convert it to xml) to accept the
syntax used by jspwiki. I don't know why, but to me it looks like a bug in the Chaperon lexer.

> >> The jspwiki syntax is:
> >>
> >> ; Term : definition
> >
> > I wonder if it is the "space" characters. The reference [1] shows no spaces.
>
> It turned out to be a missing feature in the grammar. I have now implemented it, and
it behaves as expected. I had to both tinker a bit with the grammar, and resolve some abiguity
afterwards in the xsl processing (it is impossible for the tokeniser to know that a ':' at
the end of a word is *not* a term definition separator, so I had to reconnect it to the preceding
text if it was not inside an already established definition list).

> Thanks for following up, it inspired me to try once more, and that fixed it :)

Nice. The power of open source development.

Last night i was just about to help with the deployment
issue, when you managed to fix it. Great.

-David

> >> * it is said in the wiki plugin docs that we should keep the sources in sync
with the Cocoon 2.1 block - but does that even apply for the syntax-breaking changes?