forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Broken Build?: Plugins Moved between 0.9 to 0.10?
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 06:46:20 GMT
Douglas Morris wrote:

> Hi. Forrest looks like a very promising software. Thanks for working hard on it.
>
> I just tried to build the author-site documentation in forrest 0.9. It seems (I looked
online) that the input plugins have moved from
>      http://forrest.apache.org/plugins/0.9/
>      http://forrest.apache.org/plugins/
>
> My build via 'forrest' with 'author-site' as the current directory in Windows XP has
broken links and does not generate index.html.

I now tested a fresh installation of Forrest-0.9 release.
It works fine for me.

Are you sure that you were connected to the network during the
first run of forrest? For the "site-author" docs, it needs to
download the specified plugins.

Regarding your comment above about the "plugins moved".
No, that is not how Forrest plugins work.
It finds each one in the "un-versioned" space.
So far IIRC, the only plugin utilising 0.9 version is the PDF plugin.

Explained here:
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/plugins/usingPlugins.html#install

-David

> My diagnostic output:
>
> get-from-remote-site:
> Tying to download org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.dtdx from the distribution sit
> e ...
> Using Forrest version : 0.9/
> Getting: http://forrest.apache.org/plugins//0.9/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.
> dtdx.zip
> To: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Shared_Drop_Program_Files\apac
> he-forrest-0.9\build\plugins\org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.dtdx.zip
> local file date : Mon Jan 10 00:07:21 EST 2011
> Error opening connection java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://forrest.apache.or
> g/plugins//0.9/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.dtdx.zip
> Error opening connection java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://forrest.apache.or
> g/plugins//0.9/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.dtdx.zip
> Error opening connection java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://forrest.apache.or
> g/plugins//0.9/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.dtdx.zip
> Can't get http://forrest.apache.org/plugins//0.9/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input
> .dtdx.zip to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Shared_Drop_Program_F
> iles\apache-forrest-0.9\build\plugins\org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.dtdx.zip
>
> Is it possible that to solve my build problem 0.9 resources can be restored or that I
can get a useable 0.10 in the near future? I'm thinking that I don't want to hand code my
xhml any more. Cocoon seems like it might be overkill for static Web pages. Thanks.