forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Brian M Dube <bd...@apache.org>
Subject managing dependencies
Date Thu, 19 May 2011 02:06:52 GMT
On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 04:44:52PM +1000, David Crossley wrote:
> We are going to have the continued problem of management
> of dependencies and supporting products.
>
> There is the new project "EasyAnt" coming through the
> Apache Incubator.

I've joined their dev list and I'm experimenting with the product,
with some success.

I see that Cocoon 2.1.11 and blocks are available in Maven
repositories and thus accessible to Ivy / EasyAnt. Is stepping back to
that version from 2.1.12-dev an acceptable approach if it means a
dependency management tool could be used? Thoughts?

-Brian