forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Vicent Mas <uve...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: motd question
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 16:54:25 GMT
On 2011-04-13 David Crossley <crossley@apache.org> said:

> Vicent Mas wrote:
> > I've updated my local repo and checked that the 'starts-with' attribute
> > stuff of motd is not available with dispatcher. I've customised the
> > content-motd- page.contract.xml that comes with dispatcher adding some
> > 'starts-with' stuff. I've used
> > $FORREST_HOME/main/webapp/skins/pelt/xslt/html/site-to-xhtml.xsl as a
> > guide (not sure if it is the best choice but it has been good enough for
> > me). Now the motd contract works as I want.
> >
> > So again thanks for your help,
>
> Yes the "pelt" skin is the one that the Forrest project
> keeps up-to-date. It is what the Forrest project website uses.
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs/dev/status-themes.html
> So that is the correct one to base your work upon.
>
> Are you able to provide a patch for Dispatcher?
>
> -David

Hi,

I've attached the patch to this mail. You can apply it from the FORREST_HOME
like this:

$ patch -p0 <content-motd-page-contract.diff

Please, note that I've not tried to port all motd functionality from
$FORREST_HOME/main/webapp/skins/pelt/xslt/html/site-to-xhtml.xsl to the
dispatcher contract. I've just picked what I needed to achieve my goal.

That being said, If the patch is fine with you I can attach it to an issue at
jira.

Hope it helps,

Vicent
::

	Share what you know, learn what you don't