forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Locationmap rewrite example, perhaps zone network glitch
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 06:47:17 GMT
Brian M Dube wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Forrestbot wrote:
> >  [ snip ]
> > >      [java] X [0]                                     /home/forrest/config/forrestbot-trunk/sources/forrest-seed/src/documentation/content/xdocs/rewrite.index
BROKEN: No pipeline matched request: /home/forrest/config/forrestbot-trunk/sources/forrest-seed/src/documentation/content/xdocs/rewrite.index
> > >      [java] java.lang.NullPointerException
> > >      [java] 	at org.apache.cocoon.environment.AbstractEnvironment.release(AbstractEnvironment.java:563)
> >  [ snip ]
> >
> > I don't know what causes these occasional failures.
> > Could it be a network glitch on the zone server.
> > Can Forrest handle it better.
> > Need to look into the Cocoon logfiles on our zone server.
>
> Need to look soon after the failure, or we temporarily suspend log
> pruning. I hadn't noticed how short-lived the logs are until I went to
> check on this and noticed the last failure is already pruned.

I updated the f.a.o/zone.html doc to better explain the log files.
Yes the Cocoon ones are of course re-generated on each hourly run.
Perhaps we could add some post-processing to $CONFIG/run-forrestbot.sh
to save the Cocoon logs if there is a non-successful build.

-David