forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: s5 output plugin for Forrest
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 01:31:11 GMT
Forgive the terse response, I'm travelling but want to give a quick reply.

I created an SF site for project for Forrest plugins that couldn't be apache licensed. Was
never used significantly. May have put code there. However, consider moving it to a new project
at www.apache-extras.org (discuss with Forrest community, I'm no longer active)

With respect to my code, it's all open source do as you will, would be good to see someone
improve it. Just make sure you respect the s5 license.

Good luck

Sent from my mobile device.

On 27 Jan 2011, at 23:30, Sjur Moshagen <sjurnm@mac.com> wrote:

> Hello Ross,
>
> In the thread [1] the issue of moving the s5 plugin somewhere else was mentioned. The
Forrest whiteboard is blocked due to licensing issues, but I could probably find a home for
it at work - we have an open repository at https://victorio.uit.no/langtech/. If someone has
other suggestions, that is of course all very well (our svn repository is probably not the
best place since getting commit access requires manual set-up). Would moving it to a new home
be ok with you? (I see that the burrokeet sf site you mentioned in an old discussion as a
possible home hasn't been active for over 500 days - that site is probably not the best one
either, anymore - if it is still a possibility, my sf username is 'moshagen').

> Also, the s5 plugin as it stands does not fit my needs that well, and I would like to
rewrite it from the bottom, more or less. In practice, I would probably create a new plugin,
but based on your work (yes, I am aware of the w3c slides vs s5 discussions), with proper
credits of course. Would that be ok as well?