forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject preparations for release 0.9
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 08:24:17 GMT
I have waded back through the "svn" list of changes to find
stuff that we forgot to mention in our changes list [1].
This is done now i think.

As explained in or release procedure [2] doing
localhost:8888/releaseNotes_0.9-dev.txt
lists the entries that are marked as "important".
This will provide the content for our release notes.

Of course if anyone finds anything missing then please say or fix.

Looking back at the dev mail list from around the last release
early April 2007, we had troubles due to some plugins not
being deployed properly, even though a lot of work was done
with plugin deployment during the lead-up to release.

We need to at least re-deploy the plugins that are used by the
"seed-sample" site, by "build test", and by our site-author docs.

-David

[1] http://forrest.apache.org/docs/dev/changes.html
[2] http://forrest.apache.org/procedures/release/How_to_release.html