forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Brolin Empey <bro...@brolin.be>
Subject Forrest Web sites have squished print layout in Opera
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 19:00:58 GMT
I noticed the Forrest Web sites I maintain for my employer have a
squished print layout in Opera Desktop.  I am using Opera v10.63 on
Windows 7 Professional IA-32, but I think the same issue exists with
Opera on other platforms.  I tried Opera Mobile v10.1 beta on Maemo 5 on
my Nokia N900 too, but Opera Mobile apparently does not support printing.

Here is a screenshot:

<http://brolin.be/graphics/screens/techsol.ca_squished_print_layout_in_Opera_v10.63.png>

I use Forrest v0.9-dev (with Sun’s JDK/JRE on Ubuntu) with pelt-brolin,
my heavily customised fork of the pelt skin.  I have not updated my
working copy of Forrest v0.9-dev for months, though.

Interestingly, the Forrest Web site appears to have the same squished
print layout in Opera:

<http://brolin.be/graphics/screens/forrest.apache.org_squished_print_layout_in_Opera_v10.63.png>

The print layout of both sites appears OK in the other Web browsers I
have tested.

Has anyone noticed this issue before?

What is the cause?

How can we fix it?

Thanks,
Brolin

--
Sometimes I forget how to do small talk: <http://xkcd.com/222/>

“If you have to ask why, you’re not a member of the intended audience.”
— Bob Zimbinski, <http://webpages.mr.net/bobz/ttyquake/>