forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: A new release? Can I help?
Date Sun, 17 Oct 2010 01:16:16 GMT
Benson Margulies wrote:
> OK, I now understand about jing.
> My motivations here are these: a bunch of foundation project use
> forrest; everyone has to update their branding; the Java 1.6 issue
> gums people up. Given the workaround, a release is not so urgent as I
> expected it to be.

Yesterday's addition of an FAQ, beyond what was already
in the mail archives and tracker, will let people know
that they can get on with their existing versions.
I am surpised that we do not see people coming
here to ask about that issue.

We still do need to release ASAP. We know that.

> Still, I'm willing to poke at some of the issues below, but it would
> be nice to know that there are a few residual PMC members here who
> could actually RM the release (and vote for it).

The dev archives show that there are a number of
people here. We won't know the answer to your question
until it happens. As usual the catalyst is for someone
to muster the energy to be RM. The most recent VOTE on
our dev list showed that people are still aware.

View raw message