forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>
Subject RE: Moving Forrest Zone to a FreeBSD Jail
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 13:32:06 GMT

Problem solved I'd say, I will test a break in the morning to be sure.

It was combination of :

a) - I had turned off notify on failure whilst setting up the new jail so we
didn't get
false alarms and double lots of emails for genuine failures. I needed to
revert that
now that we actually want these emails.

b) - The notify.email.from (default in notify.xml) value was not well liked
by the new jail mail system, overriding it and appending the hostname made
it work better.

c) - due to b) and in combination with rdns being incorrectly set, it
wouldn't relay. Curing b) means the rdns doesn't matter that much, but that
is also being fixed.

will report back my final tests and findings in the morning.

Gav...