forrest-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Vicent Mas <uve...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: building a sample site with dispatcher fails
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 11:28:35 GMT
2010/8/11 Tim Williams <williamstw@gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 4:13 AM, Vicent Mas <uvemas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2010/8/11 Tim Williams <williamstw@gmail.com>:
>>> On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Sina K. Heshmati <sina@khakbaz.com> wrote:
>>>> --
>>>> Prior discussions have been snipped, please view the complete thread at:
>>>> http://markmail.org/message/fyloqkqilo2tqalr
>>>> --
>>>>
>>>> Hi Vicent,
>>>>
>>>> "Vicent Mas" <uvemas@gmail.com> said:
>>>>
>>>>> I don't know why I always get those errors. My connectivity to
>>>>> Internet is just fine.
>>>>
>>>> It's been almost a week since you've reported your issue. At this point,
I'd like to advise you to share a fairly complete screencast of your workflow, maybe someone
could come up with an idea as to what's causing this issue. In case you're willing to choose
this option, please make sure to echo e.g. the relevant environment variables, the output
of 'java -version'.
>>>
>>> Actually, I've been working on upgrading some libraries and realized
>>> I've just ignored that my local ./build.sh test fails on the
>>> dispatcher test.  Today, I looked at my log and also saw the
>>> ClassNotFoundException on the DispatcherTransformer.   Are other folks
>>> able to ./build.sh test with success on the second [dispatcher] build?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> --tim
>>>
>>
>> That is interesting. Maybe the problem is not just the configuration of my
>> box. In fact, after reading your message I've installed forrest on a laptop
>> with kubuntu. It is the first time I install forrest there. The installed JDK is
>> the ubuntu package (java6-openjdk or something similar) not the Sun Java.
>> When I try to create a dispatcher sample site I get the same error about
>> DispatcherTransformer.
>
> Actually, the './build.sh test' issue seems to have been caused by
> using the ./build.xml classpath instead of the forrest.build.xml
> classpath.  The 'test' target calls the 'site' target which needs the
> more robust classpath.  This was resolved by not letting the 'site'
> target inherit the settings of the 'test' target.

And how can I do the same (sorry if it is a stupid question)?

> ...You may want to do
> 'forrest site -v' and grep the results for 'dispatcher.jar'
>
> --tim
>

In the directory of my seed site (after $ forrest clean):

vmas@rachael:/tmp/my_test$ forrest site -v | grep dispatcher.jar
Unable to find build/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher.jar
Warning: /tmp/my_test/build/webapp/resources not found.
Warning: /tmp/my_test/src/documentation/skins/common/images not found.
Warning: /tmp/my_test/src/documentation/skins/pelt/images not found.
Warning: /tmp/my_test/src/documentation/skins/common not found.
Warning: /tmp/my_test/src/documentation/skins/pelt not found.
Java Result: 1

BUILD FAILED
/opt/forrest/main/targets/site.xml:223: Error building site.

There appears to be a problem with your site build.

Read the output above:
* Cocoon will report the status of each document:
    - in column 1: *=okay X=brokenLink ^=pageSkipped (see FAQ).
* Even if only one link is broken, you will still get "failed".
* Your site would still be generated, but some pages would be broken.
  - See /tmp/my_test/build/site/broken-links.xml
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Exit.execute(Exit.java:142)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
        at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.IfTask.execute(IfTask.java:197)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor22.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.TaskAdapter.execute(TaskAdapter.java:154)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1337)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1306)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1189)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:758)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:217)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:257)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)

Total time: 40 seconds

So dispatcher.jar is not found.

Vicent

-- 
Share what you know, learn what you don't.

Mime
View raw message