forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: building a sample site with dispatcher fails
Date Sat, 07 Aug 2010 00:22:28 GMT
Vicent Mas wrote:
> Sina K. Heshmati wrote:
> > "Vicent Mas" said:
> >>
> >> after coming back to the initial situation (fresh check out of the
> >> repo) the problems
> >> with my dispatcher seed site are obviously reproduced. When executing
> >> "$ forrest run"
> >> the console displays the following errors:
> >
> > <?snipped?>
> >
> >> The errors in sitemap.log are apparently the same than in error.log.
> >> It seems that the main
> >> problem is that the
> >> org.apache.forrest.dispatcher.transformation.DispatcherTransformer
> >> class
> >> cannot be loaded. Unfortunately I have no idea about how to fix it. I
> >> hope the above info helps
> >> somebody.
> >
> > Do you run ./build.sh in $FORREST_HOME/main?
>
> Yes, I did. I got the same result included in the PS of the first
> message of this thread.

I reckon that Sina is on the right track.
It seems like your installation is using an old
version of the dispatcher plugin, or something
is not being re-built and re-deployed correctly.

This is strange because you said that it was
a fresh 'svn co'.

I know that this part is basic:
Ensure that $FORREST_HOME is not pointing to
an old installation, and that $PATH is correct.
]$ which forrest

Anyway, try this:

]$ cd $FORREST_HOME/main
]$ ./build.sh clean
]$ ./build.sh
]$
]$ cd $FORREST_HOME/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher
]$ $FORREST_HOME/tools/ant/bin/ant clean
]$ $FORREST_HOME/tools/ant/bin/ant local-deploy

Assuming that your dispatcher has been deployed before,
then that "clean" step should report something like:

]$ clean:
]$ [delete] Deleting directory $FORREST_HOME/build/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher
]$ [delete] Deleting directory $FORREST_HOME/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher/build/classes

-David