forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: release process for our plugins
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 02:49:33 GMT
Gav... wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >
> > One very important reason for designing the plugin system
> > the way that we did, was to ensure that each plugin has
> > its own community supporting it.
>
> That doesn't seem to be the case to me at the moment, ...

That is one reason that i raised this issue again. We knew
in the past that we had not properly followed a separate
release cycle for each plugin.

> ... when core forrest devs
> want to do a release, we need to ensure all plugins work, at least I see
> that as the current situation.

That is different, and we would do that regardless of the
plugins each being released separately.

It should be easy to whip around each plugin and
do a proper release of each.

That also means that each plugin has a specific marked
version, rather than just a continual work-in-progress.

-David