forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: trouble publishing project docs
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 03:16:58 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:

> I guess I've never investigated how forrestbot actually works, but
> this jsvn library is terrible.  I can't find any documentation and all
> the useful links are broken.  I was trying to find out if there was a
> "--no-auth-cache" equivalent for that svncheckout task.  I wonder why
> we don't just call out to external svn commands in all places (just
> like svn status) since svn is a dependency anyway?

That is a good question.

It seems that the affected files are
 forrestbot/core/getsrc.xml
 forrestbot/core/deploy.xml
which use "svncheckout" and "svncommit".

It is interesting to note that we already use
Ant to call the "svn" executable do to the 'svn add'
and 'svn status' operations.

I am in favour of dropping dependencies where possible.

-David