forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <scher...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: trouble publishing project docs
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 08:17:20 GMT
On Tue, 2010-06-01 at 07:46 +0200, Sina K. Heshmati wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Tim Williams wrote:
> >>
> >> I guess I've never investigated how forrestbot actually works, but
> >> this jsvn library is terrible.  I can't find any documentation and all
> >> the useful links are broken.  I was trying to find out if there was a
> >> "--no-auth-cache" equivalent for that svncheckout task.  I wonder why
> >> we don't just call out to external svn commands in all places (just
> >> like svn status) since svn is a dependency anyway?
> >
> > That is a good question.
> >
> > It seems that the affected files are
> >  forrestbot/core/getsrc.xml
> >  forrestbot/core/deploy.xml
> > which use "svncheckout" and "svncommit".
> >
> > It is interesting to note that we already use
> > Ant to call the "svn" executable do to the 'svn add'
> > and 'svn status' operations.
> >
> > I am in favour of dropping dependencies where possible.
>
> I think we should stop using the svncommit and svncheckout tasks since:
>
> - There's almost no documentation available for them.
> - They don't remove the need for executing the svn command.
>
> Maybe we could consider using [1], which is BTW released under ASL 1.1 [2].

Actually that is kind of the same in the sense of dependencies:

"With the help of the underlying svnClientAdapter, <svn> task uses
javahl - a native (JNI) java interface for the subversion api if it can
find the corresponding library.
(See the subclipse FAQ for hints how to get it for your operating
system)."

That we execute the svn commit by hand has the reason to examine our
changes.

I will try to setup the forrestbot on my box and will let you know how
it goes.

salu2