forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Latin1 character problems in dispatcher
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 09:48:54 GMT

On 20/05/2010, at 11:30, Sjur Moshagen wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> There seems to be certain problems with Dispatcher and the non-ascii characters in the
Latin 1 range. The following two screenshots illustrate the problem:

> Skins-based site:
> <Latin1-chars-skins.png>
>
> Dispatcher-based site:
> <Latin1-chars-dispatcher.png>
>
> As you can see, it is not generally UTF-8 characters, it seems to effect only those characters
that are in the Latin1 set.

> This is with the latest Forrest trunk, I haven't yet checked which revision introduced
this bug.

that should be fixed with FOR-1194. Make sure your contract and the structurer is utf-8. How
are you producing the boxes?

> MacOS X 10.6.3

I had the same problem on a mac, our company blog is utf-8 and has some characters like ¿ñ
so in FOR-1194 I forced the use of UTF-8.

salu2