forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <>
Subject Re: Latin1 character problems in dispatcher
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 12:18:40 GMT

Den 20. mai. 2010 kl. 14.51 skrev Thorsten Scherler:

> On 20/05/2010, at 13:15, Sjur Moshagen wrote:
>> Den 20. mai. 2010 kl. 13.56 skrev Thorsten Scherler:
>>> Are you using the latest head revision, because I had a similar usecase and after
the fix it works fine.
>>> Make sure you did a clean before building again.
>> Just to double check, I did the following in $FORREST_HOME:
>> $ svn up
>> $ cd main/
>> $ ./ clean
>> $ ./
>> I then switched to my project, and did:
>> $ forrest clean
>> $ forrest run -Dforrest.jvmargs="-Dfile.encoding=utf-8"
>> I also tried with regular 'forrest run'.
>> The result is still the same - Latin1 chars are not rendered.
> Hmm, that is weird. Please try the following:
> - add a new contract that uses ñ, í and similar characters
> - see what comes out

I added a blank contract that just printed the same line of characters I used earlier for
testing, and this is what came out:

This is a text containing problematic characters:
a á c č d đ n ŋ s š t ŧ z ž ae æ oe ø ao å a¨ ä o¨ ö g ǥ h ħ u ʉ i ɨ

That is, the text from the contract comes through just fine, but text coming from a standard
Forrest v2 document gets garbled.

I have attached a picture of the page as it renders. The box comes from the document, the
text at the bottom is from the contract.

> further can you open a terminal and tell me what the output of "locale" are?

$ locale

View raw message