forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <>
Subject Re: Latin1 character problems in dispatcher
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 10:45:17 GMT
Den 20. mai. 2010 kl. 12.48 skrev Thorsten Scherler:

> On 20/05/2010, at 11:30, Sjur Moshagen wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> There seems to be certain problems with Dispatcher and the non-ascii characters in
the Latin 1 range. The following two screenshots illustrate the problem:
>> Skins-based site:
>> <Latin1-chars-skins.png>
>> Dispatcher-based site:
>> <Latin1-chars-dispatcher.png>
>> As you can see, it is not generally UTF-8 characters, it seems to effect only those
characters that are in the Latin1 set.
>> This is with the latest Forrest trunk, I haven't yet checked which revision introduced
this bug.
> that should be fixed with FOR-1194. Make sure your contract and the structurer is utf-8.

They should be utf-8 all of them, they have the xml declaration:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

> How are you producing the boxes?

I'm using the following Forrest-doc v2 code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE document PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD Documentation V2.0//EN"
<document xml:lang="en">
    <title>Divvun - Sámi proofing tools project</title>

	<note label="UTF-8 character test">
	  There seems to be problems with certain characters, but only in
	  a á c č d đ n ŋ s š t ŧ z ž ae æ oe ø ao å a¨ ä o¨ ö g ǥ h ħ u ʉ i ɨ

stored in an utf-8 encoded file.

>> MacOS X 10.6.3
> I had the same problem on a mac, our company blog is utf-8 and has some characters like
¿ñ so in FOR-1194 I forced the use of UTF-8.

ok. despite this, I still get the bug, after having checked the contract and structurer files.

View raw message