forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Latin1 character problems in dispatcher
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 10:56:02 GMT

On 20/05/2010, at 12:45, Sjur Moshagen wrote:

> Den 20. mai. 2010 kl. 12.48 skrev Thorsten Scherler:
>
>> On 20/05/2010, at 11:30, Sjur Moshagen wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> There seems to be certain problems with Dispatcher and the non-ascii characters
in the Latin 1 range. The following two screenshots illustrate the problem:

>>> Skins-based site:
>>> <Latin1-chars-skins.png>
>>>
>>> Dispatcher-based site:
>>> <Latin1-chars-dispatcher.png>
>>>
>>> As you can see, it is not generally UTF-8 characters, it seems to effect only
those characters that are in the Latin1 set.

>>> This is with the latest Forrest trunk, I haven't yet checked which revision introduced
this bug.

>> that should be fixed with FOR-1194. Make sure your contract and the structurer is
utf-8.

> They should be utf-8 all of them, they have the xml declaration:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>
>> How are you producing the boxes?
>
> I'm using the following Forrest-doc v2 code:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!DOCTYPE document PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD Documentation V2.0//EN"
> "http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/document-v20.dtd">
> <document xml:lang="en">
>  <header>
>    <title>Divvun - Sámi proofing tools project</title>
>  </header>

> 	<note label="UTF-8 character test">
> 	  There seems to be problems with certain characters, but only in
> 	  Dispatcher:<br/>
> 	  a á c č d đ n ŋ s š t ŧ z ž ae æ oe ø ao å a¨ ä o¨ ö g ǥ h ħ u ʉ
i ɨ
> 	</note>
> </document>
>
> stored in an utf-8 encoded file.
>
>>> MacOS X 10.6.3
>>>

>> I had the same problem on a mac, our company blog is utf-8 and has some characters
like ¿ñ so in FOR-1194 I forced the use of UTF-8.

> ok. despite this, I still get the bug, after having checked the contract and structurer
files.

Are you using the latest head revision, because I had a similar usecase and after the fix
it works fine.

Make sure you did a clean before building again.

salu2