forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <>
Subject Re: Latin1 character problems in dispatcher
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 12:26:49 GMT

On 20/05/2010, at 14:18, Sjur Moshagen wrote:
>> Hmm, that is weird. Please try the following:
>> - add a new contract that uses ñ, í and similar characters
>> - see what comes out
> I added a blank contract that just printed the same line of characters I used earlier
for testing, and this is what came out:
> This is a text containing problematic characters:
> a á c č d đ n ŋ s š t ŧ z ž ae æ oe ø ao å a¨ ä o¨ ö g ǥ h ħ u ʉ i ɨ
> That is, the text from the contract comes through just fine, but text coming from a standard
Forrest v2 document gets garbled.
> I have attached a picture of the page as it renders. The box comes from the document,
the text at the bottom is from the contract.

Ok I see.

Please post the dataUri you use for the contract. It seems that the utf-8 is lost in this
step. If you have the dataUrl of the contract see what is coming out there, whether it is
already scrambled or not.

>> further can you open a terminal and tell me what the output of "locale" are?
> $ locale
> LANG="no_NO.UTF-8"
> LC_CTYPE="no_NO.UTF-8"
> LC_TIME="no_NO.UTF-8"