forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Williams <>
Subject Re: Merging back the dispatcher
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:14:17 GMT
On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 5:51 AM, Cyriaque Dupoirieux
<> wrote:
> le 22/04/2010 12:24 Ross Gardler a écrit :
>>> Hate to be a nag, but... are we leaving dispatcher in the whiteboard
>>> for the 0.9 release?  It's complicated b/c we have [at least] two
>>> things working at odds here:  1) dispatcher has come to be in popular
>>> use despite its status and 2) being in the whiteboard, it wouldn't
>>> make it in the actual release.
>>> So, thoughts?
>> I've wanted dispatcher in core since the 0.8 release for this very reason.
>> However, now I'm only an observer here I'll refrain from arguing for or
>> against, just settle with pointing out that I think it would be a
>> mistake to leave it out of 0.9 unless it were to delay the release
>> unreasonably (ahem).
>> If it doesn't go in I would want to see a 0.10 within months with
>> dispatcher in.
> I agree with you Ross,
> I think forrest needs a new release to make it clear that forrest is not
> dead...
> But we should also think about a R0.10 planned ASAP.

Well, if the dispatcher is all that changed in such a release, we
could do a 0.91 afterwards.  I think there's another consideration
that I didn't mention too.  I feel irresponsible releasing software
that we can't support and I'm concerned that this would be the case
with the dispatcher.  I have a difficult enough time now digging up
Cocoon knowledge when questions come across but with
dispatcher-related ones I have no clue.  Maybe it's an unfounded
concern, I dunno...

View raw message