forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JIRA problems (Was: ForrestBot build for forrest-docs FAILED)
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 01:06:55 GMT
On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 8:28 PM, Gav... <gavin@16degrees.com.au> wrote:

> [...]
        forrest-

>> property:

>> url=http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.j

>> 1&sorter/field=prio
>> >
>> > Did you try to use https instead of http? We have a similar issue
>> with some
>> > attachements, which will be downloaded from JIRA from the PDFBox ant
>> > build.xml.
>> > After changing the protocol everything works fine.
>>
>> Same here, I changed to https instead and all is well locally, I
>> reckon we'll see if it helps the zone build too in a bit.  Thanks
>> Andreas!
>>
>> It'd be kinda cool to now know why though? :)
>
> I think due to recent events most if not all of Jira redirects http to https
> anyway.
>
> Perhaps this link requires it, though my manual test of http: did redirect
> to https: fine
> on its own.

Ok, I think that answers it.  I *think* the issues is retrieved from a
file generator which likely only resolves resources directly from a
URL - I suspect it isn't a full client good enough to follow a 302
redirect.  I suspect switching to a requestgenerator would have solved
it too by way of automatically following the redirect.

Thanks Gav
--tim