forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <cyriaque.dupoiri...@pco-innovation.com>
Subject Re: Merging back the dispatcher
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2010 09:51:31 GMT
le 22/04/2010 12:24 Ross Gardler a écrit :
> On 22/04/2010 00:54, Tim Williams wrote:

>>> Arghh, typo, Thanks David.  So, are we leaving dispatcher in the
>>> whiteboard for now?
>>>
>> Hate to be a nag, but... are we leaving dispatcher in the whiteboard
>> for the 0.9 release?  It's complicated b/c we have [at least] two
>> things working at odds here:  1) dispatcher has come to be in popular
>> use despite its status and 2) being in the whiteboard, it wouldn't
>> make it in the actual release.
>>
>> So, thoughts?
>>
> I've wanted dispatcher in core since the 0.8 release for this very reason.
>
> However, now I'm only an observer here I'll refrain from arguing for or
> against, just settle with pointing out that I think it would be a
> mistake to leave it out of 0.9 unless it were to delay the release
> unreasonably (ahem).
>
> If it doesn't go in I would want to see a 0.10 within months with
> dispatcher in.

I agree with you Ross,
I think forrest needs a new release to make it clear that forrest is not
dead...
But we should also think about a R0.10 planned ASAP.
(We discussed this one or two years ago and decided at this time that it
should be great to be able to plan new releases every 3 or four months...)

Saluations,
Cyriaque,