forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Merging back the dispatcher
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 10:24:03 GMT
On 22/04/2010 00:54, Tim Williams wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 6:19 PM, Tim Williams<williamstw@gmail.com>  wrote:

>>> No such issue. Rather FOR-1108 and FOR-796.
>>
>> Arghh, typo, Thanks David.  So, are we leaving dispatcher in the
>> whiteboard for now?
>
> Hate to be a nag, but... are we leaving dispatcher in the whiteboard
> for the 0.9 release?  It's complicated b/c we have [at least] two
> things working at odds here:  1) dispatcher has come to be in popular
> use despite its status and 2) being in the whiteboard, it wouldn't
> make it in the actual release.
>
> So, thoughts?

I've wanted dispatcher in core since the 0.8 release for this very reason.

However, now I'm only an observer here I'll refrain from arguing for or
against, just settle with pointing out that I think it would be a
mistake to leave it out of 0.9 unless it were to delay the release
unreasonably (ahem).

If it doesn't go in I would want to see a 0.10 within months with
dispatcher in.

Ross