forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>
Subject RE: forrest-sample-2 FAILED and build test failed: Could not resolve locationmap location
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 11:23:34 GMT

BROKEN:
> >> Invalid

> >> right

> bug
> >> it
> >> doesn’t
> >>
> >> Actually, I'm on a Mac.
> >
> > fine, cant help then.
>
> Thanks Gav,
> You may have, I think the default encoding on a Mac isn't utf-8
> either.

Ah ok, that's interesting.

> I wonder if our source docs which claim utf-8 encoding,
> aren't?  When I get home I'll try to open them in a text editor and
> explicitly save one of the known failing docs with utf-8 encoding and
> see if that helps.  Unless, of course, someone happens to have time to
> do this test sooner:)

Well the impression I got from the thread I linked to, is that that source
input docs may actually be fine, but the way we are writing out to the
intermediates I guess to create the PDFs are claiming default encoding from
the operating system whether UTF-8 is specified or not. The difference in
the way Dispatcher handles our xml docs to PDF is obviously different to how
a non dispatcher enabled site does it, despite the same original source.

 It may be simpler than I've read, not being any kind of expert in java or
character encodings I'm not sure how much more of a goose chase (Australians
read: furfy) I should take this on.

I'll browse around some more in the meantime.

Gav...