forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Remove cocoon-2.1 docs from Forrest Zone
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2010 07:08:11 GMT
Gav... wrote:

> The Cocoon 2.1 docs are being built twice a day on our zone.
>
> http://forrest.zones.apache.org/ft/build/cocoon-docs/2.1/index.html
>
> However, the official documentation for Cocoon 2.1 docs at
>
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/
>
> has not been updated since 2008.

I suggest reminding them to update it or do it yourself.
Remember that 2.1 is still being heavily used, and that
Forrest depends on it. I do see occasional edits being
made to the 2.1 docs via Daisy. However, yes, people have
not regenerated the website.

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonWebsiteUpdate

Perhaps add that to our zone home page to remind people.

> so, I suspect we are just wasting our zone usage here by continuing to build
> their documentation. As of Cocoon 2.2 onwards, it looks like that they now
> use Maven to build their docs.

For 2.2 but not for 2.1

> So, are we ok to remove their docs and disable their builds for the 2.1 docs
> ?

It is a good demo of how Forrest can get content from Daisy.

It does not cost us much.

-David