forrest-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Gavin (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] Commented: (FOR-1183) Forrestbar search of Jira issues broken, perhaps changed Jira search syntax
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 09:05:20 GMT


Gavin commented on FOR-1183:

Ok, I've had a reply from Atlassian, I'll copy it verbatim:

"..This happens as the Smart Query function identifies "jxpath" as the project key "JXPATH"
and tries to set the project to that, but you've specified a Project ID already so that wins.
If you turn off the smart query it behaves as expected..."

So I tried it with a few other project names such as 'lucene' and get the same results so
it is correct.

The suggested solution came in another comment:

"..If you are generating these URLs yourself, you may prefer a non smart querying version
such as:

These are the kind of links that the "Permlink" link will give you..."

I tried it as is, and didn't quite work , but with the additional &reset=true into the
query it worked fine.

So, the solution is to change our url search terms, which I'll do shortly if no objections.

> Forrestbar search of Jira issues broken, perhaps changed Jira search syntax
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: FOR-1183
>                 URL:
>             Project: Forrest
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Tool: Forrestbar
>            Reporter: David Crossley
> When searching our Jira Issues using Forrestbar, the upgraded ASF Jira now seems to intercede
with "smart query". However, it seems to lose our search terms, and just finds all Forrest
issues. Perhaps the Jira search syntax has changed.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.

View raw message