forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Brian M Dube <bd...@apache.org>
Subject Java settings (was Re: svn commit: r890684 - /forrest/trunk/site-author/content/xdocs/procedures/release/How_to_release.xml)
Date Sat, 26 Dec 2009 22:31:17 GMT
On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 08:25:42AM -0000, crossley@apache.org wrote:
> Author: crossley
> Date: Tue Dec 15 08:25:41 2009
> New Revision: 890684

> Log:
> Some text tweaks.
>
> Modified:
>     forrest/trunk/site-author/content/xdocs/procedures/release/How_to_release.xml

This edit prompted me to browse through this file for the first time
in a while. I didn't see it noted anywhere to turn off debug symbols
and to turn on code optimization as part of the test and release
cycle. Our code base is tiny enough that I don't think this matters
for us, but does anyone know if our major dependencies (such as
Cocoon) do this as part of their release? Do we want to for our code?

Brian