forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Brian M Dube <bd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dispatcher problem with forrest seed
Date Thu, 24 Dec 2009 05:28:34 GMT
On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 05:14:00PM +1100, David Crossley wrote:
> Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> >
> > I don't succeed to generate the basic forrest seed with the dispatcher.
>
> I just tried a fresh seed site, and no such problems here
> (Macintosh with either java-1.5 or 1.4.2).

I've rebuilt and I see the same issue on Linux with OpenJDK 1.6.0.

> Also the forrestbot on the zone server is not reporting such problems
> (Solaris 10 with java-1.4.2).

That is odd. I thought I had rebuilt when I first read Cyriaque's
report, but I'm sure that I have three times now. I'll step back in
svn until I build cleanly again, but probably not tonight.

> Oh, have you re-built Forrest in 'main' after the merge
> of the Dispatcher branch recently? See mail here around
> December 2 to December 5.
>
> -David

This last bit doesn't belong in this thread, but I noticed it while
looking into this issue and I'm being lazy. The icon-b.png
error. Maybe not everyone experiences it, but I believe it has been
brought up before. While looking at the issue of this thread, I
noticed build/images/icon-b.png, while the rest of the build is under
build/site. Surely that's the cause of the NullPointer(FileNotFound)
exception that Java throws, but there's a larger problem involved. We
cannot, must not, may not *write* in the filesystem outside the
expected target. I think this issue has been raised in the past.
I'll try to look into it; this is merely the lazy documentation
of what I've found.

Brian