forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release-related issues
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 23:11:01 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> One thing we did not had before in any release is that we have some
> maven artifacts in our svn rep.
>
> whiteboard/cocoon-2.2-blocks
>
> Are we going to deploy those to the maven rep?

We have decided in the past to use Ivy, and gradually integrate
that with our build system. See mail archives for that.

I imagine that Ivy can deploy stuff to a Maven repository.

Perhaps we can get started with Ivy, just manage a few supporting
products, and also use it to deploy those blocks.

I reckon that there is more to this topic than just those
technical aspects.

We need to get those cocoon-2.2-blocks released because they
are going beyond this group of developers.

More info at http://apache.org/dev/#releases
Especially: http://apache.org/dev/release.html#what

They probably should have separate release cycles to core Forrest.

We also need to be sure to build community support for these new aspects.

Sorry, in a rush, so just a few quick notes.

-David