forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Blocking Issues
Date Sat, 21 Nov 2009 14:26:24 GMT
2009/11/21 David Crossley <crossley@apache.org>:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>> Tim Williams wrote:
>> >
>> > FOR-855 verify the license situation prior to each release
>> > - housekeeping
>>
>> I believe Davids work with RAT fixes this issue.
>
> No it does not. There is much more to the job that that.

I meant that running RAT shows all licence headers are in place. we
still need to do the housekeeping work that is normal due diligence on
a release, of course.

>> > FOR-1177 ? ? ? ?where does forrest use Rhino
>>
>> Not a blocker
>
> Yes it is. At the moment i think that it might be using an
> unsuitable license.

Why? Rhino is dual licensed under GPL and MPL. MPL is compatible, as
long as we have the relevant NOTICE file. What am I missing that you
are seeing?

Ross