forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Vicent Mas <uve...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem with feeder plugin
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 08:48:50 GMT
> 2009/11/2 Vicent Mas <uvemas@gmail.com>:

> > This was wrong. The file has not xdoc format. Simply
> >
> > <feedDescriptor>
> >   <feed id="BBCSport_UK">
> >  <url>http://news.bbc.co.uk/rss/sportonline_uk_edition/front_page/rss.xml
> ></url> </feed>
> > </feedDescriptor>
> >
> > in a file named feedDescriptor.xml works.
>
> You mean exactly as documented in
> http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/org.apache.forrest.plugin
> .input.feeder/samples/singleFeed.html (which you linked to)

Yes, the key word is *exactly* :-)

> Thanks for following up onlist, this makes it easier for those coming
> after you. Clearly the documentation is not very clear, if you can
> provide a patch for the plugins documentation that would be very much
> appreciated.
>
> Ross

Well, I cannot do it for the pluginS but I can for the feeder plugin :-). When
doing it I've realized that in page

http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_90/index.html

most of plugin links (including the feeder plugin) are pointing to 0_80 docs.
I've done a patch for the current revision of trunk, r832303. The patch has to
be applied to feeder_dir/src/documentation/content/xdocs/index.xml

I also dowloaded the current official release tarball for linux but I cannot find
the plugin sources there. So I've not pached it for the 0.80 version.

Vicent
::

	Share what you know, learn what you don't