forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: [Important] Status and future direction
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 13:58:50 GMT
2009/10/16 Gavin <>:
> [...]

It isn't usable at all. I merely hacked together a very rough
prototype to illustrate what I was talking about. It works in a very
small number of test cases that are designed to demonstrate rather
than implement.

> Does it depend on our current core in any way or can the Forrest2 directory
> tree be moved away and still work independently?

It is fully independent.

> How far off do you think it is in terms of the tools that our current
> Forrest offers? (can you drop an odt file in from our current plugin system
> and get a tei output for example)

See above - it is a long way off. This is *not* the right route if
people are not fully supportive of the idea.

View raw message