forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Re: ical output plugin - sitemap feedback wanted
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2009 08:46:16 GMT
Den 30. okt. 2009 kl. 06.43 skrev David Crossley:

> Sjur Moshagen wrote:
>> skrev David Crossley:

>>> This is very interesting. Thanks so much for sharing a
>>> situation for how you use Forrest. That should encourage.
>>
>> :)
>
> Many thanks for adding the initial iCal output plugin Sjur.

:)

> I had a quick look and it works for me.

Nice to hear.

> I did a few minor tweaks and house-keeping stuff.

I saw that, thanks a lot for cleaning the bits I didn't notice.

> There are some strange unreadable characters next to links
> in the *.jspwiki sample files.

Those are UTF-8 encoded non-breaking spaces (NBSP). The wiki parser
has some interesting whitespace processing - in some cases spaces are
inserted where there were none in the source (e.g. around boldface or
italic), in some cases spaces are removed, like after URL's, which
makes the following text run into the URL. NBSP is treated as a
regular character, and isn't touched, making the final output look
like intended.

We use only UTF-8, so I had forgotten to change it to Latin-1. It is
changed now.

I know the NBSP trick is really a hack, but I haven't had time to dig
into the wiki parser code. I'm not sure the present behaviour is
easily fixed.

> By the way, this new proposal at Apache Incubator might
> be of interest.
> [PROPOSAL] Apache OpenMeetings incubator for Web Conferencing
> http://markmail.org/message/aahmijcb5dsjlxiv

Thanks for the pointer.

Best,
Sjur