forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Sina K. Heshmati" <s...@khakbaz.com>
Subject RE: meta tag problem
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 14:30:42 GMT
"Vicent Mas" <uvemas@gmail.com> said:

> In my (dispatcher) website I'd like to use meta tags for giving keywords to my
> HTML pages. I know I can use the contract siteinfo-meta and generate a set of
> keywords that will be used in every page of the website. But, is there a way
> for specifying different keywords for different pages? I've tried to use the
> meta element  inside header elements in my xml sources but it doesn't work.
> Maybe I'm using this meta element in a wrong way or maybe it is intended for
> something different, I don't know. Indeed reading
>
> http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/document-v20.dtdx.html#meta
>
> it is difficult for me to say what it is useful for.
>
> Help will be appreciated. TIA

It's perfectly reasonable to expect <meta/> tags defined in source XML files to be copied
to the HTML output but AFAIK, it's currently fairly complicated to ensure this transition
of elements using the dispatcher.

You might, however want to write a simple structurer for those particular pages where you
need the <meta/> tags. Please let us know should you need more help with this issue.

BTW, I don't see @content defined for <meta/> in the DTD you referred to; would meta
tags be useful without @content?

Sina