forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Williams <>
Subject XPathXMLFileModule differences
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2009 01:09:08 GMT
Is the new XPathXMLFileModule not a drop-in replacement for the
XMLFileModule?  I'm wondering if we may have been depending on some
[?undocumented?] lazy-loading behavior of the old one or something.
In the xconf file I have:

      logger="" name="linkmap">

Leading to complaints of the absence of a src attribute.  Our "<file
src" aren't defined in the xconf file, but rather in the xmap
themselves, e.g.

          <input-module name="linkmap">
            <file src="{src}" reloadable="true" />

It seems that the old version doesn't assume the file element exists
in the configure method:

Configuration[] files = config.getChildren("file");
        for (int i = 0; i < files.length; i++) {

but the new one does...

Configuration fileConfig = config.getChild("file");
this.src = fileConfig.getAttribute("src");

I admit that I've been away from forrest for some time so perhaps
there's something I'm missing here?  Any pointers appreciated...

View raw message