forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Re: ical output plugin - sitemap feedback wanted
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 07:10:43 GMT
Den 19. aug. 2009 kl. 23.25 skrev Ross Gardler:

> 2009/8/19 David Crossley <crossley@apache.org>:
>>> Comments on the URL or filename patterns? Other comments?
>>
>> This is exiting. That seems like a fine approach to me.
>
> I agree that it's great to see some new work here.

:)

> I don't quite agree
> that the URL patterns is a "fine approach" though. But don't worry,
> it's a small change I am going to propose and it is backward
> compatible with your current scheme.

:)

> input.xmap:
>
>      <map:match
> pattern
> ="{properties:daisy.pathPrefix}*{properties:daisy.fileExt}.xml">
>        <map:call resource="daisy-to-document">
>          <map:parameter name="docID" value="{1}"/>
>          <map:parameter name="path" value="{0}"/>
>        </map:call>
>      </map:match>
>
> forrest.properties.xml:
>
> <property name="daisy.pathPrefix" value=""/>
> <property name="daisy.fileExt" value=".daisy"/>
>
> Now the project can override these properties in its local
> forrest.properties.xml if it needs to do so, or it can leave them at
> their defaults for the same behaviour as your existing sitemap.

Thanks for the suggestion and reminder about the xml properties, Ross.
I had completely forgotten about them, even though I used them
extensively in the work I did on the pdf output plugin.

This will also make it easy to add other properties for more
flexibility in other areas.

Best regards,
Sjur