forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XInclude preprocessor - new thread for old topic
Date Fri, 29 May 2009 07:35:13 GMT
Brian M Dube wrote:

> There will always be one more place in the DTD to add this
> support.

Yes, that worried me too when the initial XInclude
was added to the DTD.

> I found a very old discussion [1] about processing XInclude
> before validation. This makes a lot of sense and the solution would
> still be useful after a move to XHTML2. Does anyone remember any
> efforts to add a preprocessor? and the outcome?
>
> [1] http://marc.info/?l=forrest-dev&m=104124992407064&w=2
Subject: [RT] Entities in XML docs

As usual there were other things that needed to be in place first.

One of those was the ability to do validation in the
Cocoon pipelines. At the moment we do xml validation
using Ant before the Forrest/Cocoon engine starts.

Using Cocoon Validation Transformers
http://forrest.apache.org/howto-dev.html#debug-validation

Also Jing and Trang have a new lease of life.
http://code.google.com/p/jing-trang/

How is tool support these days for "RELAX NG"?

I note that George of oxygenxml.com is contributing
to the Jing-Trang project.

-David