forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Simple include files?
Date Sun, 24 May 2009 14:42:05 GMT
Gavin wrote:
> Brolin Empey wrote:
> >
> >? Can someone please change
> > the XDocs DTDs so I can use <xi:include/> as a child of a <table>
> > (after the optional <caption>)?
>
> Yes, I agree, I'll do this tomorrow against our v13 and v20 if no objections
> come in. I did look to see if using xpointer with xinclude would solve your
> problem, but it does not.

For completeness of the topic, it should be mentioned here
that there are other techniques:

* XML entities
e.g. see the "Symbols Project" ability in a example site:
forrest-seed/samples-b/xml-entities.html
Use a similar technique to include a chunk of text.

* Using Cocoon sitemap aggregation.
has an example and link to some past discussion.

Search the mail archives and docs and examples.

-David