forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gavin" <ga...@16degrees.com.au>
Subject RE: [important] developers need to assist each other
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2009 10:57:14 GMT

That would be good. I'm afraid I have not looked at your branch. Of course I will when it
gets into trunk as that’s what I tend to work on. I will also try to test the branch out
on Windows before the merger.

When are you planning on doing this ?

I have only ever know David to perform a release, I would have thought he would need to be
around for a release whether being RM or not, at least until someone else has done it.

In fact, I'd go as far to say we need many people around for a release, the lists are quiet
currently, all the main contributors of the past releases are very busy these days.

In other words, I'm not sure who else will be around if a release were to happen soon.

> I would love to help to port forrest to cocoon 2.2 again since it solves
> some common integration problems quite nicely. However due to time
> constrains
> I cannot take the lead on this but I have ported some forrest components
> to cocoon 2.2 blocks a while ago and it is not hard to port the rest.
> It only takes up lots of time for a single person to move the whole code
> to blocks.

I see, so if a few folks were to do it, how long are we talking about, a weekend, a week,
a Forrest Friday ?

You see, I am no really cluey on Cocoon much, with some how-to Im sure I could help though.

Gav...