forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: SolrForrest plugin
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 16:19:05 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>>> Actually did you run "forrest" and not "forrest run". If the page is
>>> link from your pages then it will created static. No extra work no
>>> further configuration.
>> I did run "forrest", and all other static pages have been created. Where
>> should I expect the solr docs? alongside the html/pdf docs?
>
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_90/your-project.html
>
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_90/linking.html
>
> All files that are linked from either
> - site.xml
> - tab.xml
> - anyOtherXmlHavingALinkToTheDoc.html
> are genrated along the e.g. html file in the path they are defined by
> the link.

Yes, this is clear, but I don't understand how this is relevant to my
question. Does it mean that I should add <a href="index.solr.add"> in
one of my documents?

> If you run forrest in the solr plugin it will actually connect to your
> solr server and inject the documents.

I don't understand what you're saying - what does it mean to "run
forrest in the solr plugin"?

> You will find index.solr.add in build/site/.

Apparently I'm still missing some vital step - after building the site I
can see index.html and index.pdf, but no index.solr.add .

>>> Makes me curious why you need a static index-creation.solr.add and why
>>> not using http://192.168.0.251:8888/index-creation.solr.add.do directly
>>> and let forrest inject the document.
>> Because I want to control myself when and how the documents are
>> submitted to Solr.
>
> ok, you can do the first one as well with forrest and the second with
> limitation.

Sorry, this really doesn't answer my question - you assume that I can
keep forrest running and use it to submit Solr documents, which I don't
want to do for various reasons. In such case, is it possible to generate
the Solr docs statically, or not?

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><