forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: SolrForrest plugin
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:55:05 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>>> You have seen http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrForrest and
>>> http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.solr/
>> Yes, but that documentation is not helpful for a newbie like me. It
>> lists some configuration snippets without telling where to put them.
>>
>> Basically, I need a step-by-step instruction how to generate _static_
>> Solr documents output, exactly like the one here
>> http://192.168.0.251:8888/index-creation.solr.add - but this one is
>> generated dynamically, i.e. requires a running instance of forrest, and
>> I need to generate it statically.
>
> Hmm, I @work and I guess our firewall is not letting me check the link.
> However it seems that you already has done the part of patching the xsl.

Ah, sorry - yes, it's my local IP. It should be this:

http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.solr/index-creation.solr.add

> Actually did you run "forrest" and not "forrest run". If the page is
> link from your pages then it will created static. No extra work no
> further configuration.

I did run "forrest", and all other static pages have been created. Where
should I expect the solr docs? alongside the html/pdf docs?

> Makes me curious why you need a static index-creation.solr.add and why
> not using http://192.168.0.251:8888/index-creation.solr.add.do directly
> and let forrest inject the document.

Because I want to control myself when and how the documents are
submitted to Solr.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><