forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject SolrForrest plugin
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2009 11:11:53 GMT
Hi devs,

I found this Forrest plugin at the Forrest site. If you guys have a
moment to spare I'd really appreciate your advice.

I'm a complete newbie to Forrest, the only things I know how to do is to
fill in the blanks in the default site xdocs and generate static html.
It's not much, I'm afraid.

Now, I need to index the content of a Forrest site in Solr, using a
custom schema - e.g. the "id" in my case should be equivalent to the
full URL of the page of the deployed site.

First, I'm stuck conceptually - sitting in the top-level dir of the
forrest site, what is it that I have to do to produce a file with the
Solr <add> documents? I already added the Solr output plugin to
skinconf.xml. I discovered that I can get this via webapp, but I'd
rather not actually run the webapp.

Second, how can I modify the schema of the produced documents, so that
e.g. the id is the full URL - a configurable root URL plus the page
name, and so that I can add other metadata to the docs?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide!

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><