forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <>
Subject Reasons for perfomance decline - ideas wanted
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2009 13:05:11 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to find out why one of my projects suffer perfomance

I opened an issue around the problem and added some testing
file to

Both wars are basically the same but have some minor difference, mainly
the dispatcher library and its dependencies. However I debugged both
versions and tested with different tests. The most important match I am
debugging is the following:

<map:match pattern="**.html">
 <map:generate src="lm://resolve.structurer.{1}" type="jx">
  <map:parameter name="lenient-xpath" value="true"/>
  <map:parameter name="getRequest" value="{1}"/>
  <map:parameter name="contextPath" value="{request:contextPath}"/>
  <map:parameter name="getRequestExtension" value="html"/>
  1) <map:serialize type="xml"/>
 <map:transform type="dispatcher">
  <map:parameter name="cacheKey" value="{0}"/>
  <map:parameter name="validityFile"
  <map:parameter name="request" value="{1}"/>
  <map:parameter name="type" value="html"/>
  2) <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
 <map:transform src="lm://hooks-to-html.xsl"/>
  3) <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
 <map:transform src="lm://namespace-stripped"/>
  4) <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
 <map:transform src="lm://strip-dispatcher-remains-html.xsl"/>
 <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>

In one test I cut the pipeline after the generator (1) and the result is
surprising. Since there is NO difference between the old and new version
in the generator I was awaiting that the performance should be the same.

But 55,5 (new) vs. 64,5 (old) are not even close to be the same. I do
not see any reason for performance penalty since I am not actually
testing my development but a general component that did not changed at

Has anybody an idea what the reason for the performance decline can be?

Thorsten Scherler <>

de la InformaciĆ³n, S.A.U. (SADESI)

View raw message