forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Brian M Dube <bd...@apache.org>
Subject [RT] Requirements for Spring-based Forrest (forrest2)
Date Sat, 29 Nov 2008 00:56:12 GMT
I'd like to spend some time on a proof of concept version of Forrest
without Cocoon, whether that's whiteboard/forrest2 or a new
approach. One of the requirements, or at least functional tests, that
has already been mentioned with respect to forrest2 is that the seed
site must function correctly. I think this implies that current style
plugins need to be supported.

To support current plugins requires sitemap and locationmap
implementations that don't depend on Cocoon. It looks difficult, but
not impossible, to extract sitemap support from the Cocoon
source. Is this the way to go? Implement support for sites and plugins
as they exist now, and use a new format for new development?

What are the other requirements to move away from Cocoon?

Is there community interest to move away from Cocoon?

Brian