forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: input.wordpress (was Re: potential new plugin)
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2008 14:44:54 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>> Brian M Dube wrote:
>>> (Snip)

>>> I haven't found one. I don't have the energy to make the plugin work
>>> without Hibernate and the MySQL driver. I'm happy to make the code
>>> available elsewhere, but this is a blocker to host it here. Note I
>>> have not contacted legal-discuss. The time and energy for that is
>>> lacking, too.
>> If there is no way of getting into Forrest ...
>
> We don't know that yet. Brian is not the only person
> in this community. It is a pity that no-one can make
> the effort to follow up on such legal aspects.

Peronslly I don't need to follow up. There is GPL code - that's the end
of the story for the ASF. I too have looked for alternatives in the past
- they don't (to my knowedge exist) and I've wasted much time on this in
the past.

I'm offering a solution. If others want to follow up on the legal front
fine - for me it is a dead end so lets get the code where it can be used.

Ross