forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject New docs: deploy documentation with Forrestbot "svn" or "scp"
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 07:35:14 GMT
Don't know if people saw the two new Howto documents
committed recently:

 How to deploy documentation with the Forrestbot "svn" workstage
 http://forrest.apache.org/howto-forrestbot-svn.html

This explains the example of the Forrest project's
own documentation. Other projects that use SVN to store
the generated documents will find this useful.

 How to deploy documentation with the Forrestbot "scp" workstage
 http://forrest.apache.org/howto-forrestbot-scp.html

This explains how i manage the website of a client.
It deploys the documentation to a "stage" directory
on our webserver. The client can then review it in a
private place. When satisfied, we ssh to the server
and copy it all up one directory.

This also explains the use of the Apache Cocoon
"checksums" facility to only process and deploy the
changed files.

-David