forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <>
Subject $rootFontFamily (was: PDF plugin update)
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 06:28:11 GMT
Den 5. sep. 2008 kl. 20.35 skrev Thorsten Scherler:

>> There are still two issues:
>> $rootFontFamily - I have found no counterpart to this in the
>> dispatcher. The variable is used on the fo:root element, and sets the
>> default font family for the whole pdf document
>> $versionFontFamily - the version info found in the skins are not
>> available in dispatcher as far as I could see. Perhaps this needs a
>> new template/contract?
> I need to review their usage in skins and will then see how we can add
> them to the dispatcher.

With the update to fop 0.95, the font family specification is working
as planned (for me, at least, more testing needed). *Except* the two
above in dispatcher :)

$rootFontFamily is really problematic, because without it the body
text will be left unchanged and untouched by the customisation. This
means e.g. that in my texts, I now get the headings with proper
characters/glyphs, whereas the body text is interspersed with #'s.

It would be great if somebody could give me a hint on where fo:root is
specified within the dispatcher pdf processing - it is definitely
specified somewhere, since the final *.fo document is correct, and
renders otherwise nicely into pdf.

Best regards,

View raw message